The best APSC Coaching Centre in Assam- Lucent IAS – presents today’s Current Affairs. Sources from important news and articles published in The Hindu, The Indian Express and The Assam Tribune. (Date: 28 August, 2022)
GS2/PSIR: Appointment of CJI
GS-3: Recently published Report on Cybercrime in India
Recent report published by Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs observed about Cybercrime in India that :
- Cases have increased from 21,796 in 2018 to 50,035 in 2020. More than double in 2 years.
- The committee opined that both the Central and State governments should work together to tackle cyber crimes.
- There is lack of infrastructure in many states to fight cyber crime including Assam
- Committee recommended MHA may advise states to set up cyber cells in all districts.
- The committee recommended that states should map cybercrime hotspots for quick detection.
- Crimes mainly related to financial transactions.
- The committee recommended the need of specialised training.
- Need of coordination of SVPNPA, NEPA etc with the state governments to impart technical knowledge and training.
Prelims/GS 3: One Nation One Fertilizer
The Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers has announced that it has been decided to implement One Nation One Fertiliser by introducing a “Single Brand for Fertilisers and Logo” under the fertiliser subsidy scheme named “Pradhanmantri Bhartiya JanurvarakPariyojna” (PMBJP).
- Scheme was aimed at reducing the logistics cost involved in the transportation of fertilizers.
- Ensure availability of fertilizers to the farmers throughout the year.
- Help to monitor real-time movement of fertilizer
- Maintain availability and sales of fertilizer in the state.
- Companies now won’t have to transport fertilizers beyond 500 km.
- Single brand to help cut fertilizer costs
- Introduction of Bharat brand will help farmers to choose fertilizer brand without any confusion.
- It will disincentivise fertilizer companies to take up brand promotion and marketing activities.
- Lack of market competition.
- Monopoly of market.
Prelims/GS 3/GS 5 : Agricultural & Food Processing Sector in Assam
The interview transcript of Dr. Madhaiyaan Angamuthu, IAS, Chairman of APEDA (Agricultural and Processed Food Products Exports Development Authority) details about the present and the future of Food processing and the potential this sector carries for state like Assam. He also discusses in detail the export potential of the agricultural and processed foods of Assam and the problems the producers and farmers face in general. He discusses the role APEDA play in catering opportunities to realise market demands and how APEDA has helped producers from Assam to expect opportunities of a promised potential.
Products APEDA is looking at in Assam for export
- Assam Lemon (Kazi Nemu)
- Orange Khasi Mandarin
- Pineapple Kew
- Banana – Malbhog, Chenichampa, Bhim Kol
- Rice – Red, Black, Green, Soft, Sticky, Joha
- Bhut Jolokia
- Flowers – Orchid, Tube rose, Gerbera, Marigold etc
- Bamboo Shoot
GS2: Chancellorship of state universities
- The article discusses a detailed historical underpinnings of the recent developments relating on the wake of conflicts between Chief Ministers and Governors wrt chancellorship of state universities.
- The article realises how this contentious issue has two different shades of tale.
- The state governments believe that the governor has a constitutional duty to act on the advice of the council of ministers whereas the Governors on the other hand, feels that since their appointment as chancellor of a university was through legislative enactment, they had the right to intervene the university functioning and their position as chancellor was distinct from their role as Governor.
Important for Prelims/GS2/ GS3 / PSIR
Download the full PDF of the daily Current Affairs compiled from The Hindu, The Indian Express and The Assam Tribune. Compiled by Lucent IAS: Best APSC Coaching Centre in Assam.
About Lucent IAS– The Best APSC Coaching Centre in Assam
Lucent IAS offers both offline and Online APSC CCE Coaching and is recognized for its top-class curriculum, pedagogy and exam-focused study materials. Located in Guwahati, this institution provides best-in-class learning experience and top-class study materials to Civil Service Aspirants targeting UPSC and APSC exams in the Northeast India Region. With 18 successful selection in APSC CCE 2018 Exam, Lucent IAS prides itself as the best APSC Coaching Centre in Assam.
To know more, visit our website: www.lucentias.com
Lucent IAS Office Address: Baruah Mansion,First floor, near Apex Bank, Opposite CPWD office, Bamunimaidam, Guwahati, Assam 781021
Mobile/WhatsApp: +91 70990 06849
Follow us on:
- Official Facebook Page
- Official YouTube Channel
- Official Telegram Channel:
- Call/WhatsApp: +91 70990 06849