Download The Assam Tribune Compilation and Current Affairs from The Hindu and The Indian Express. Important for APSC CCE and UPSC CSE Aspirants.
UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik) Scheme & Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS)
Waterways Connectivity in India and recent agreements inked at Waterwaves Conclave
Asian Development Bank
- Formation: 19 December 1966
- Headquarters: Manila, Philippines
- Highest policy-making body of the bank : Board of Governors
- ADB assists its members and partners by providing loans, technical assistance, grants, and equity investments to promote social and economic development.
- The ADB was modelled closely on the World Bank, and has a similar weighted voting system where votes are distributed in proportion with members’ capital subscriptions.
Lokayukta and its salient features:
Lokayukta & it Background
- The Lokayukta is an anti-corruption authority constituted at the state level.
- It investigates allegations of corruption and mal-administration against public servants and is tasked with speedy redressal of public grievances
- The origin of the Lokayukta can be traced to the Ombudsman in Scandinavian countries.
- In India, the Administrative Reforms Commission headed by Late Morarji Desai in 1966 recommended the creation of the Lokpal at the Centre and Lokayukta in the states.
- The State of Maharashtra is the first and pioneer State in India to introduce the concept of Lokayukta
Salient features of the Lokpal and Lokayukta Act (2013):
- The Lokpal Consists of a chairperson with a maximum of 8 members of which 50% shall be judicial members.
- About 50 % of members of the Lokpal shall come from amongst the SCs, the STs, the OBCs, minorities and women.
- The selection of the Chairperson and the members of Lokpal shall be through a Selection Committee consisting of the Prime Minister, the Speaker of the Lok Sabha, the Leader of the Opposition, the Chief Justice of India or a sitting Supreme Court Judge nominated by the Chief Justice of India and an eminent person nominated by the President of India.
- A Search Committee will assist the Selection Committee in the process of selection
- Jurisdiction of Lokpal to include Prime Minister, Ministers, members of Parliament, Groups A, B, C and D officers and officials of Central Government.
- The Lokpal will have the power of superintendence and direction over any investigative agency including the CBI for cases referred to by the Lokpal
- Timelines: For preliminary enquiry, it is three months extendable by three months. For investigation, it is six months extendable by six months at a time. For trial it is one year extendable by one year.
- It contains a mandate for setting up of the institutions of Lokayukta through enactment of law by the State Legislature within a period of 365 days from the date of commencement of this Act.
National Education Policy (NEP) and its Features:
Salient Features of New Education Policy(NEP)
- 10+2 structure is to be replaced by a 5+3+3+4 curricular structure
- Emphasis on Vocational education in schools from the 6th grade along with internships.
- A new and comprehensive National Curricular Framework for School Education, NCFSE 2020-21, will be developed by the NCERT.
- The policy has emphasized on mother tongue/local language/regional language as the medium of instruction at least till Grade 5, but preferably till Grade 8 and beyond.
- Sanskrit to be offered at all levels of school and higher education as an option for students, including in the three-language formula.
- Teachers will be recruited through robust, transparent processes with merit-based Promotions
NEP Features: Higher Education
- Increase GER to 50 % by 2035
- flexible curricula, creative combinations of subjects, integration of vocational education and multiple entry and exit points with appropriate certification
- Academic Bank of Credit shall be established.
- Creation of National Research Foundation
- Higher Education Commission of India(HECI) will be set up as a single overarching umbrella body the for entire higher education, excluding medical and legal education
- Focus on Open and Distance Learning and Online Education and Digital Education
Download today’s compilation by Clicking here.
More from this Blog:
About Lucent IAS:
Lucent IAS is a leading Civil Service Coaching Institutions in Assam. Located in Guwahati, this institution provides best-in-class learning experience and top-class study materials to Civil Service Aspirants targeting UPSC and APSC exams in the Northeast India Region.
To know more, visit our website: www.lucentias.com
Lucent IAS Office Address: Baruah Mansion,First floor, near Apex Bank, Opposite CPWD office, Bamunimaidam, Guwahati, Assam 781021
Mobile/WhatsApp: +91 70990 06849
Follow us on:
Call/WhatsApp: +91 70990 06849